This is a cleaner that can be used for many things.
What you will need:
- Quart sized mason jar
- Spray bottle
- The peel of one orange (disinfects, repels bugs)
- One cinnamon stick (disinfects, repels bugs)
- One tsp whole cloves (disinfects, kills and repels bugs)
- One whole vanilla bean sliced down the center (repels bugs, eliminates smells)
- About a quart of vodka (disinfects, kills and repels bugs)
Add all the ingredients to jar then fill with Vodka. Allow to set for one to two weeks shaking jar occasionally. When you are ready to use your cleaner line a funnel with cheese cloth and funnel liquid into spray bottle. Keep all solid content to make your next batch. I have had the same solid contents for about a year and I still get strong cleaner from it. To start another batch just fill with vodka again and let set.
I get the biggest cheapest bottle of vodka that can be found. While we brew and buy beer it is a whole different thing buying hard alcohol. It feels a little weird especially when you buy such a big bottle!
For updates on the daily activities on the Homestead check out our Facebook page.
FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I will not endorse any product that I have not tried or that does not align with my values.